Easy Chana Masala recipe using chana masala powder. Hearty Indian Chickpea curry.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea chana
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 medium sized onions, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 5–6 ripe medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chana masala powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the cinnamon and the cumin seeds. Let it splutter. Add in the chopped onions. Fry till onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste. Fry for a minute.
- Puree 5-6 tomatoes in a blender and add it to the pan. Add in the salt, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and Chana Masala powder. You can use any store bought Chana Masala powder.
- Add in the cooked chickpea along with the water if any. Add in 1 cup of water and cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer on low flame for 40 minutes until thick. Keep stirring once every 10 minutes, so it does not scorch at the bottom.
- Once the gravy is thick, remove off heat.
- Serve hot.
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: Indian