Recipe for simple and easy Indian style egg fried rice. Indo-chinese egg fried rice recipe with step by step pictures. Bachelor friendly recipe.
- 1 rice cup basmati rice (160 ml approx)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Eggs
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper powder
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain the water. Add 1.5 cups of water to every cup of rice used. Cook in a pressure cooker, medium flame – for exactly 2 whistles. Switch off the flame and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. Cool the rice on plates. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely minced garlic.
- Take couple of eggs and break in a bowl. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork to combine. Move the garlic to a side of the pan and add in the eggs and scramble for a minute. Keep sauteing the garlic on the other side of the pan.
- Once the eggs are soft scrambled, add in the rice, salt, pepper powder and spring onions. Toss well to coat.
- Easy egg fried rice is ready.
Add a tablespoon of butter and toss well to coat along with the rice in the end for a velvety fried rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Indo-Chinese