Easy and quick ten minute egg curry – muttai kuruma. Mutta curry made with home made spice powder. OPOS – One Pot One Shot easy 10 minute egg curry recipe
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 medium sized onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon homemade curry masala powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 inch piece of tamarind, goose berry size
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1/2 cup thin coconut milk
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 3–4 eggs, hardboiled
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves
- Add in two teaspoon of vegetable oil in a pressure cooker. Add in the ginger garlic paste, Add in the sliced onions and then the tomatoes. Add in the home made curry masala powder, tamarind and salt.
- Set your stove to medium high heat on a gas stove or your induction stove to 1200W. Cook for 3 whistles.
- Switch off the flame and wait for the pressure from the cooker to release naturally. Open the cooker and transfer the cooked mixture to a mixie / grinder and grind to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground mixture to the pan and add in the curry leaves, coriander leaves and the coconut milk. Let it simmer for a minute. Add in the boiled eggs and serve with chapati, aapam, idli or dosa.
If using canned coconut milk, just add one cup of canned milk in total.
Do not use too much ginger garlic paste or curry masala powder. The curry will become very pungent to taste.
The term OPOS and One Pot One Shot are registered trademarks owned by Mr.Ramakrishnan. The recipes have been adapted using his OPOS principle. They are used in Kannamma Cooks with prior permission.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu