Easy Egg Salad Sandwich recipe made with cucumbers, egg, cilantro and mayo. Excellent for a quick bite or a school lunch box.
For the egg salad
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- 1 Cucumber
- 3–4 sprigs Coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 green chilli
- 2 heaped tablespoon Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (clarified butter)
- 8 Slices Sandwich Bread
- Clean, Peel and finely chop a cucumber. Add it to a bowl. Add in finely chopped coriander leaves (cilantro), salt, pepper and finely chopped green chilli. Add in two heaped tablespoon of Mayonnaise.
- Chop two boiled eggs and add it to the bowl. Mix well to combine. Check for seasoning. Set aside.
- Remove the crusts of the bread slices. Spread the egg salad evenly on the bread slice. About two tablespoons per sandwich. Cover the salad with another slice of bread and apply a little ghee (clarified butter) on top.
- Heat a griddle on low flame for 2 minutes. Toast the sandwich on both sides until golden. Remove off heat and serve hot or at room temperature.
- Category: Brunch, Sandwich
- Cuisine: American