No bake Eggless Chocolate Pudding recipe made with china grass / agar agar.
For boiling Cocoa
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
For milk mixture
- 400 grams / 1 tin Condensed Milk (milkmaid)
- 2 cups (500 ml) Milk
- 200 ml cream (I used Amul cream)
For Custard mixture
- 5 tablespoon Custard Powder
- 2/3 cup water
For Boiling Agar Agar
- 1½ cup water
- 10 grams agar agar sheet / china grass
For Chocolate Ganache Topping
- 200 ml cream
- 250 grams Dark chocolate (chopped)
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Whisk water, cocoa and sugar until its mixed well. Heat the mixture on medium flame until boiling. Remove off heat and set aside.
- Take a pan and mix the condensed milk, milk and cream and bring it to a boil. When boiling add in the cocoa mixture and reduce the flame to the lowest setting on the stove.
- Take a cup and mix the water and custard powder well until mixed. Add it to the pan. Mix well. Let it come to a boil. Remove off heat.
- Soak the china grass / agar agar for 10 minutes and heat the mixture until the agar agar is completely melted. Add it to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Strain to get rid off any small pieces. Then pour it in cups and set on the refrigerator for an hour.
- For the chocolate ganache topping : Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces. Set aside. Bring the cream to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate to the hot cream and mix well. Never heat the chocolate on the stove. It will burn. The heat of the cream is sufficient to melt the chocolate. Mix well until all the chocolate is incorporated.
- Pour a tablespoon of chocolate ganache on each pudding cup. Decorate with chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours and serve chilled.
- Prep Time: 5 hours
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Fusion