Recipe for Eggless Custard Powder Cookies. These are yummy Karachi bakery style biscuits.
- 150 grams unsalted butter (*at room temperature)
- 150 grams All purpose flour (Maida)
- 75 grams icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 75 grams plain vanilla custard powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Cream the butter and vanilla with a wooden spatula until soft.
- Take a bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients namely icing sugar, store bought plain vanilla custard powder and flour. Mix with wooden spatula until combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter and mix well. Once its combined, add the rest and mix well.
- Knead gently with hands to form a smooth dough.
- Make uniform balls (about 1 inch balls) out of the dough. Line on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press the balls on top with a fork to mark lines.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the sheet. Store in an airtight container for upto 3 days.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: Indian