This recipe for Eggs Kejriwal is a cheese, egg and chilli sandwich invented by the Willingdon Club in Mumbai. Its spicy and delicious. Inspired from Chef Manu Chandra, Monkeybar – Bangalore
For the fried salsa
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- few sprigs coriander leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper powder
For the fried eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon oil
- Onions cut into half inch rings
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper powder
- 2 buns toasted
- 2 Cheddar Cheese slices
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped onions and fry for a minute. Add in the tomatoes, chopped chillies, pepper powder and salt. Fry for 15-20 seconds and switch off the flame. Add in the chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Set aside.
- Next the fried eggs. Cut an onion ring about half inch high. Place it on the pan that’s been heating on low flame. Break the eggs into the ring. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and cover it with a lid and cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- When the eggs are cooking, gently toast the buns with some butter. Set aside.
- If you want your cheese on the bun to be melted, then add a slice of cheese to the bun when toasting and cover the pan with a lid for 30 seconds. The steam inside will melt the cheese.
- For assembling – Add some salsa on top of the cheese melted bun. Top it with a fried egg.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Indian