Recipe for ellu urundai. Sesame laddu made with black sesame seeds, roasted peanuts and jaggery. Very special sweet in the kongunadu region.
- 1 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- Soak the sesame seeds in water overnite. Clean and drain the seeds, dry in sunlight. Dry roast the sesame seeds until the seeds starts to burst. Set aside.
- Dry roast the peanuts and remove the husk. Set aside.
- Dry roast the coconut for a minute. Set aside.
- When the ingredients are still warm, grind everything to a powder along with jaggery.
- Make small balls / laddus from the mixture immediately.
- Ellu urundai is ready.
- Category: Sweet
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu