Recipe for warm Cold and Flu fighting Soup. Home remedy tonic. Anti inflammatory , anti microbial elixir.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper corns
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon mung/moong dal (optional)
- A small piece of cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- one inch piece of ginger
- 6–7 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 750 ml of water
- Honey to serve
- Take a pressure cooker and add in a teaspoon each of cumin seeds, black pepper corns, turmeric powder and mung/moong dal (optional). Add in a small piece of cinnamon, 2 cloves, one inch piece of ginger, 6-7 cloves garlic and a little salt to taste. Add 750 ml of water to the pan.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes on medium flame. If you are not using the pressure cooker, add 500 ml extra water to the pan and boil for 45 minutes on medium flame. Cover the pan with a lid while boiling.
- After the steam has released from the cooker naturally, gently mash the garlic and the dal.
- Strain the liquid.
- Serve warm. If you wish add a teaspoon of honey and serve.
- Category: Home Remedy
- Cuisine: Indian