Really Crispy French Fries. Adapted from April Bloomfield Recipe. Recipe for thrice cooked French fries.
- 3 Potatoes (Russet)
- 1 teaspoon salt for boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Sunflower / Canola oil to deep fry
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thick steaks and place them in a bowl of cold water.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in the salt. Add the drained potatoes to the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes until tender. Drain the potatoes and let them cool.
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame. Working in batches, add in the potatoes to the oil and fry just until the edges of the potatoes begin to brown. It will take about 6-7 minutes. Remove from oil and allow it to cool.
- When all the potatoes have been fried, fry the potatoes again. Work in batches. Fry till the potatoes are golden and crisp. Drain the fries on a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and cracked pepper. Serve with ketchup.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: World