Gluten free, Butter free, Chocolate Walnut cookie adapted from Francois Payard Bakery, New York. Excellent recipe for last minute entertaining as this can be put together in 5 minutes.
- 1/4 cup plus two tablespoon (35 grams) Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups (175 grams) confectioners sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoon (135grams) walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (use the real kind)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the cocoa, salt and the confectioners sugar.
- Add in the egg whites, vanilla and the walnuts. Just dump them all. Mix with a wooden spoon till there is no more dry specks of sugar and cocoa. It will be very dry in the beginning but will all come together into a dark thick batter.
- With a ice-cream scoop or a generous tablespoon, scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. give space between the cookies so that they do not stick when they spread in the oven.
- put the cookies in the oven, and immediately lower the temperature to 320 degree F. Bake for 20 minutes, or until small thin cracks appear on the surface of the cookies. Remove the cookie sheet and let it cool completely before removing the cookies from the parchment paper.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American