A simple green mango papaya salad made with finely julienned raw mangoes and papaya with a home dressing.
- 2 cups raw papaya, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup raw mango, cut into strips
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves
For the Dressing
- 1/2 a tomato, deseeded
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar (or) jaggery
- half of a lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup roasted and chopped peanuts
Prep the veggies
- Peel and deseed the papaya. Slice the papaya and then cut into thin strips. A food processor will do the job fine. Peel the raw mango. Slice and cut the raw mango into thin strips too! Cut the carrots into strips and add everything to a bowl. Also add in a few sprigs of chopped coriander leaves.
For the dressing
- Take a small mixie jar and add in half of a deseeded tomato. Add in the lemon juice, olive oil, green chilli, palm sugar or jaggery, garlic cloves and the salt.
- Grind everything to a puree. Do not add any water while grinding.
- Add this dressing to the cut veggies.
Assembling the salad
- Finally, roughly chop some roasted peanuts.
- Add in the roasted peanuts to the salad and mix well.
- Green mango and papaya salad is ready.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Thai