Air fryer murukku
- Measurements Used – 1 Cup = 250 ml
- ½ cup Urad dal
- 2.5 cups rice flour (store bought)
- ¼ teaspoon Ajwain seeds (Omam Seeds)
- ½ teaspoon Black Sesame Seeds ( Ellu )
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- Wash and soak half cup of urad dal in 1.5 cups of water for 20 minutes. Then pressure cook the dal with the water for 6 whistles. Switch off the flame and let the pressure in the cooker release naturally. Open the cooker and mash the dal with the back of the spoon. Set aside.
- Add rice flour, salt, Ajwain seeds (Omam seeds), Sesame seeds (ellu) and vegetable oil.
- Mix everything well and add water little by little to form a smooth ball. The dough should be smooth and there should not be any cracks in the dough.
- Form small logs and fill in the murukku press.
- Press the murukku dough from murukku press onto the bowl of the air fryer. Fry in 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Consume the murukkus within 2 days.
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: South Indian