Chinna Vengayam Poriyal, Sambar Vengayam Stir fry. Excellent Home remedy for haemorrhoids / piles.Small onions / shallots has excellent cooling properties.
- 1 teaspoon sesame / gingely oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 250 grams small onion / sambar onions / shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- Peel and chop the chinna vengayam / sambar onion. Set aside.
- Heat sesame / gingely oil in a pan and add in the mustard and curry leaves. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add in the chopped shallots and saute for a minute. Add in the salt and crushed black pepper.
- Add in half a cup of water and cover the pan with a lid. Cook on medium flame for about 10 minutes until the onions are soft and cooked and the mixture is almost dry.
- Add in two teaspoon of ghee and saute for a minute more. Switch off the flame.
- Serve the chinna vengayam poriyal / sambar onion poriyal with rice.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu