Home made Mushroom Pizza. Made with pizza dough from scratch. Thin crust white pizza with mushrooms. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- Half Recipe Pizza Dough
- 2 tablespoon butter or Olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 200 grams sliced white button Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Maida (All purpose flour)
- 1 cup milk (preferably full fat)
- 3 sprigs spring onions
- Heat butter or Olive oil in a pan and add in the chopped garlic and Italian seasoning herbs. Saute for a minute. Add in the washed, cleaned and sliced mushrooms. Add in the salt.
- Saute the Mushrooms for five minutes till the mushrooms have cooked and is soft. The Mushrooms would have shrinked. Add in the maida (all purpose flour).
- Saute for a minute. Now add in the milk and keep stirring until the sauce becomes slightly thick but still a little saucy.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. Prepare the pizza dough in the mean time. I like to spread the pizza dough on a parchment paper as its easy to handle. Apply the mushroom sauce on the pizza dough. This mushroom sauce is enough to cover one 12 inch pizza
- Spread evenly. Sprinkle chopped spring onions on top.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C for 20 minutes.
- I like to bake the pizza on a preheated pizza stone. If you do not have a pizza stone, an old iron dosa pan also will work. Else you can place the pizza dough on a baking sheet. Slide the pizza on the baking stone. (I transfer the pizza dough onto a plate and slide it onto the stone.). Bake the pizza for 12 -15 minutes.
- Pizza is ready.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American