Recipe for hot and sweet chicken drumsticks. Chicken marinated in sauce and cooked tender. Perfect for parties.
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 8 Chicken drumsticks
For corn starch slurry
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 sprigs spring onion, chopped
- Wash and dry the chicken drumsticks. Make 3-4 incisions with the help of a knife into the drumsticks so the meat gets marinated well. Set aside.
- Take a bowl and place the chicken. Add in all the ingredients listed under marinade to the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover with a cling wrap and let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Take a pressure cooker and add in the marinated meat along with the juices. Remember we did not add any salt in this recipe. The marinade sauces has enough salt and that will be more than enough. so NO SALT. Cover the cooker and cook for 6 minutes in medium heat. You should get about 6 whistles. Switch off the flame after 6 whistles and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before opening. Let the pressure from the cooker release manually.
- Take a pan and add in the cooked chicken mixture. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Add in the cornstarch slurry. Add in 2 tablespoon of butter. Saute for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with spring onions.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Indo-Chinese