For the Veggie Balls
- 1/2 cup chickpeas – soaked for four – five hours
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper (capsicum), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves (cilantro) , chopped
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup roasted cashew-nut
- 3 tablespoon roasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Grind the chickpea to a coarse paste. Set aside
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the chopped garlic, chopped onions and capsicum. Saute for a couple of minutes. Add in the corn, peas, chopped spinach, shredded cabbage and carrot.
- Add in the red chilli flakes, Italian seasoning, turmeric, salt and black pepper. Add in the chickpea paste. Mix well to combine.
- Cook for five minutes till the mixture is thick. Remove from heat and add in the coriander leaves. Mix well to combine.
- Allow the mixture to cool a bit. Start making lime size balls.
- Bake the balls in a parchment lined baking sheets at 400 degrees fahrenheit ( 200 degrees celcius ) for 45 minutes to an hour. The balls should be brown and dry and come off the pan easily.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under “sauce” to a fine paste.
- Serve the veggie with sauce.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: swedish