- 1 Cup water (add it to the pressure cooker)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon loose tea leaf powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 2 cardamom, crushed
- 2 cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Add a cup of water to a two liter pressure cooker.
- Place a bowl inside the cooker and add in all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Cover the cooker and cook for 3 minutes on medium flame. About 1-2 whistles might come in these 3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and remove the pressure manually.
- Strain the tea and serve hot.
I have used ginger, cardamom and cloves. Slightly crush them in a mortar and pestle to release its flavor.
A note on ginger – Too much ginger will make the milk curdle and you will ruin your tea. So don’t go over board on ginger.
The term OPOS and One Pot One Shot are registered trademarks owned by Mr.Ramakrishnan. The recipes have been adapted from his OPOS Cookbook. They are used in Kannamma Cooks with prior permission. The recipes are an adaptation from the cookbook.
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Tea
- Cuisine: Indian