Easy Indian Style Kerala Eggless Pineapple Pudding Dessert Recipe without gelatin. Made with china grass and condensed milk.
For milk mixture
- 400 grams / 1 tin Condensed Milk (milkmaid)
- 2 cups (500 ml) Milk
- 200 ml cream (I used Amul cream)
For Boiling Agar Agar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 10 grams agar agar sheet / china grass
For Poaching Pineapples
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small pineapple (about 2 cups pineapple pieces)
- clean and cut the pineapple into small bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Take cloves and grind it in a blender with 1/2 a cup of sugar to a fine powder. Add the pineapples, sugar mixture and water and bring it to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Remove off heat and set aside.
- Mix a tin of condensed milk like milk maid with 2 cups of plain milk and cream. Bring it to a boil. Set aside.
- Soak a packet (10 grams) of agar agar / china grass in water for 10 minutes. Boil the soaked agar agar / china grass mixture on medium flame until completely melted.
- Now mix the milk mixture, agar agar mixture and the pineapple mixture together. Make sure everything is slightly hot. If you refrigerated the pineapples, boil it briefly on low flame for a couple of minutes. Agar Agar sets at room temperature. So its important that everything is slightly hot to achieve smooth texture while it sets. Pour it in the dessert cups and cool in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours.
- Serve Cold.
For a more luscious pudding mix 2 tablespoon of vanilla custard powder in 1/3 cup of water and mix it well. Add it when the milkmaid mixture is boiling and proceed with the recipe.
You can substitute canned pineapples for fresh if you wish.
Recipe Adapted from Milkmaid Recipe Booklet.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian