Recipe for vegetable rotti made with whole wheat flour (atta) , vegetables and spices. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 1/3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, crushed in a mortar and pestle
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing / perungayam)
- 1/4 cup curd (plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 2 cups atta (whole wheat flour)
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Water to make dough
- Peanut oil for making rottis
- Take a big bowl and add in the atta flour (Indian style whole wheat flour) and ghee. Mix well. Add in the rest of the ingredients except water. Make sure to really finely chop the ingredients. Otherwise the dough will break while rolling. Mix well.
- Add few tablespoon of water at a time and mix the flour mixture well until a firm dough is formed.
- Take a golf ball size of dough and form a smooth ball.
- Dust the dough ball generously in flour. Start rolling the dough gently.
- Spread the dough to a 4-5 inch circle. Repeat with the remaining dough. Set aside on a big plate.
- Heat a griddle and sprinkle oil on the griddle. Place the rolled dough on the griddle. Sprinkle oil to the top of the roti and cook for a minute.
- Flip over and cook for a minute more. Cook till its golden and brown spots appear all over the roti on both the sides.
- Vegetable rotti is ready!!!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu
Keywords: kai kari rotti