Kongunad Coimbatore style kathirikkai bhajji / brinjal chutney. Awesome side dish for dosa. Very simple to make.
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 country tomatoes (naatu thakkali), finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped (add more if you want a spicy chutney)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 200 grams baby brinjals, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped onions. Fry till the onions are soft. Add in the chopped green chillies, tomatoes, salt and turmeric. Saute for 2 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add in the diced potatoes and brinjal. Add in the water. Add in the sugar if using.
- Close the pressure pan with its lid and let it cook for 3 whistles. Switch off the heat and wait for the pressure from the cooker to release naturally. Open the pan and mash the chutney with a masher or with a cup. Mash them well. The chutney is ready.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Chutney
- Cuisine: Kongunad, Tamilnadu