Recipe for Chettinad Kavuni Arisi sweet made with black glutinous rice. Very popular chettinad delicasy.
- 1/2 cup Kavuni Arisi (Black Glutinous rice)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3 teaspoon ghee
- Wash the rice and soak it in lots of water for 10-12 hours. Drain the water used for soaking after the said time.
- Add the rice to the pressure cooker. Cover the cooker and cook for exactly 3 whistles. Allow the pressure to settle naturally.
- To the same pan add in the fresh shredded coconut, sugar and cardamom. The mixture will loosen up immediately after adding sugar.
- Simmer the mixture in the pan for 5-10 minutes until the mixture becomes thick. Add in the ghee and switch off the flame.
- Amazing Kavuni Arisi is ready!!!
You can add less sugar if you wish. If you want to avoid sugar, you can substitute jaggery.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu