- 1 teaspoon sesame (gingely) oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Green Chillies
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Onions, roughly chopped
- 250 grams Keerai, Spinach
- Clean the greens and remove the hard stems. Soak the greens in lots of water for 15 minutes to get rid off the sand, dirt and pesticide residue if any. Then wash it well changing the water twice. Remove the greens from the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and add in the onions, garlic, green Chillies and the salt. Fry till the onions are soft and starting to brown. About 4-5 minutes on medium flame. Add in the washed and cleaned greens and fry on low flame for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it to cool.
- Grind the mixture in a mixie / blender without adding any water to a fine paste.
- Serve hot with steaming rice and ghee.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu