Easy and quick dessert recipe for Key Lime Pie Popsicles. Paletas de Pay de Limón. The only effort is in squeezing the limes, and it’s worth it.
- 1 (14-ounce/400 grams) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 6 small limes)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups coarsely crushed Marie biscuits, or graham crackers
- Put the sweetened condensed milk, milk, lime juice, lime zest, and salt in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- If using conventional molds, divide the mixture among the molds, snap on the lid, and freeze until solid, about 5 hours. If using glasses or other unconventional molds, freeze until the pops are beginning to set (1 1/2 to 2 hours), then insert the sticks and freeze until solid, 4 to 5 hours. If using an instant ice pop maker, follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Spread the graham cracker / marie biscuit pieces on a large plate. Unmold the paletas and press each side into the graham crackers, coating completely.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Mexican