Tamil recipe for Kuthiraivali Dosai Barnyard Millet dosa. Ideal food for diabetes. Millets loaded with nutritious health benefits. Using Kuthiraivali rice.
- 2 cups Barnyard Millet – Kuthiraivali
- 3/4 cup Unpolished Whole White Urad Dal
- 1/3 cup Sabudana – Javvarisi
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Wash the barnyard millet 2-3 times well in running water. This will get rid of any impurities. Now soak the millet, unpolished whole white urad dal, fenugreek seeds and sabudana. Soak all the ingredients separately in lots of water. Soak for 3 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the fenugreek seeds, sabudana and urad dal. Add very little water (up to one cup) while grinding. Grind to a very fine smooth paste. Set aside.
- Now drain the water from the millet and grind it to a smooth paste. Add up to half a cup of water while grinding. Mix it with the dal mixture. Add salt and mix well.
- Let the batter ferment for 12 hours in a warm draft free place. Once the batter is fermented, mix well and store in the refrigerator and use it within 2 days.
- When ready for dosa, heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium high heat. Ladle half a cup of batter and spread on the pan. Cook the dosa for about half a minute on each side, until light brown.
- Enjoy millet dosa / kuthiraivali dosai with kaara chutney.
- Prep Time: 12 hours
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dosa, Crepe
- Cuisine: South Indian, Tamilnadu