Recipe for easy and quick pakora made with leftover rice. A quick and easy evening snack that can be prepared in minutes. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Take a bowl and add in two cups of cooked rice. Mash well with hands.
- Add in finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, salt, asafoetida and cumin seeds. Add in besan (chickpea flour) for binding the batter. Mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a kadai until hot. Gently drop little pieces of the batter in oil.
- The batter will form a lot of bubbles at first. The bubbles will subside after a couple of minutes. Fry till the pakoras are golden.
- Serve with tea.
- Category: Appetizer, snack
- Cuisine: Indian