Recipe for fresh Mochai kuzhambu made Tamil style. Spicy field bean curry recipe made with fresh field beans and spices. With step by step pictures.
For the Masala
- 4 ripe tomatoes (preferably country tomatoes / naatu / naati variety)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (sombu)
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 3 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 cup field beans
- Take a mixie jar and add in the tomatoes, coconut, tamarind, fennel seeds, cloves and black pepper. Grind to a smooth paste. Add water if necessary. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the onions. Saute onions till soft. Add in the salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Saute for 10 seconds. Add in the ground paste.
- Add in two cups of water and the field beans.
- Cook for 20 minutes on a low flame in a pressure cooker.
- Serve with chapati or rice.
- Category: Curry
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu