Recipe for Radish Dosai, Mullangi Dosai made with ground radish and spices mixed with traditional dosa batter. Recipe for mullangi dosai with step by step pictures.
- 200 grams Radish (around 3 medium size radish)
- 1/2 of a small onion, roughly chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 4 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 500ml idli dosa batter
- Oil for making dosas
- Wash, Clean and Peel the Radishes. Steam the radish for 10 minutes in a steamer and set aside.
- Take a mixie jar and add in the steamed radish along with onions, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper and asafoetida. Grind to a paste. Set aside.
- Add it to regular idli-dosa batter. Here is the recipe for idli-dosa batter. Add in the chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the dosa griddle until medium hot. Add 1/2 cup batter and swirl to completely cover the dosa griddle. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of oil or ghee to the dosa.
- Wait for the dosa to get the brown spots here and there. Cook until underside of the radish dosa is golden brown.
- Loosen the edges of the radish dosa with a steel spatula. Flip the radish dosa. Cook for 30 seconds more. Remove the radish dosa from the griddle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Chutney
- Cuisine: South Indian