Recipe for Mullangi Thuvaiyal – Radish Thogayal (chutney) that can be served with rice. Recipe with step by step pictures.
- 1 cup shredded radish (I used white radish)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil ( 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoon chana dal
- 1 tablespoon urad dal
- 3 dry red chillies
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut (use 1/2 cup coconut for a rich thogayal)
- gooseberry size tamarind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- Shred the radish and set aside. Heat oil in a pan and add in the onions and radish. Saute for 5 minutes. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the chana dal, urad dal and dry red chillies. Saute on a low flame till the lentils are nice and golden. Set aside on a plate to cool.
- Take a mixie / blender and add in the sauteed veggies and the fried lentils. Add in the fresh coconut, tamarind, salt, hing and raw garlic. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Serve with rice.
- Category: Chutney
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu