Healthy and easy to make Murungai keerai poriyal – Drumstick Leaves Stir-fry . This vegan recipe makes for a very nice side dish.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon urad dal
- 2 dried red chillies
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups moringa leaves (drumstick leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 heaped tablespoon shredded coconut
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and when the oil is shimmering, add in the mustard seeds, dry red chillies and urad dal. Let it splutter and wait till the dal turns golden brown.
- Add in the finely chopped onions and the salt. Saute till the onions are soft and slightly brown.
- Add in the cleaned, washed and dried drumstick leaves. Saute in medium flame until all the moisture has escaped and the mixture is completely dry.
- Add in the shredded coconut and saute briefly for a minute. Remove off heat.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: South Indian