Easy to do lunch box recipe for Mushroom Pulao. Can be put together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for the busy mornings. Seasoned with black pepper.
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cloves
- 1 cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
- 300 grams (about 3 cups) button mushrooms, cut into 4
- 1/2 cup fresh green peas
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1.5 cup water
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in water before starting to cook.
- Heat ghee in a pressure pan and add in the clove, cardamom and cinnamon stick. Add in the sliced onions and saute till the onions are nice and brown.
- Grind the garlic, ginger and black pepper with little water to a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Add in the ground paste and salt and fry for 5-6 minutes till the mixture is very dry.
- Add in the italian seasoning, mushrooms and peas.Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add in the drained rice and water. Cover and cook for exactly 2 whistles. Remove from heat and wait for the pressure from the cooker to settle on its own.
- Open the cooker after 20 minutes and fluff up the rice.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Indian