Recipe for Naan pizza dough from scratch. Easy beginners recipe with step by step pictures.
- 200 grams Maida – All purpose flour plus a little more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt / curd
- ¾ teaspoon yeast
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Pizza Sauce
- Toppings and cheese – your choice
- Take a bowl and add in the active dry yeast and luke warm water. Add in the sugar and the salt. Add in the plain curd / yogurt. Whisk well to combine. Add in the flour (maida) and the baking powder. Mix well.
- This is a very very sticky dough. Do not add any extra flour. Keep mixing for 2-3 minutes by hand. If the dough is unmanageable, then add 20 grams maida and knead. Add the extra maida only if it is very very necessary.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap or a shower cap. I find shower caps to be so useful for this. Let it sit in a warm place for an hour. The dough would have more than doubled.
- Sprinkle little flour on the dough. Gently deflate the dough. Dust a plate or a working surface with flour. Remove the dough. Sprinkle flour generously on top of the dough so it does not stick. Knead for a few seconds.
- Cut the dough into four equal pieces.
- Take each piece of dough and make a small round. Place the dough on a parchment paper lined sheet and sprinkle some oil on top. Gently press the dough to spread to a shape of a naan. Roughly about 6 inches.
- Apply any sauce of your choice. Do not apply a lot of sauce as the pizza will become saucy.
- Add in the toppings and cheese.
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven (preheat for 20 minutes) 220 degree celcius, for about 15-20 minutes until the top of the cheese is golden brown.
- Simple naan pizza is ready.
- Category: Pizza
- Cuisine: Continental