Recipe for Nankhatai cookies / biscuit made in the oven. Recipe made with maida and besan. Easy recipe to be made in a home OTG / oven / microwave convection oven.
- 180 grams Maida (All purpose flour)
- 60 grams Besan flour (chickpea flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 30 grams vegetable oil / sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 125 grams sugar
- 2 tablespoon almonds
- 2 tablespoon pistachios
- Add in the maida (all purpose flour), besan (chikpea flour), salt, cardamom powder and baking powder. Sieve the ingredients twice.
- Take another bowl and add in all the wet ingredients namely Butter, oil, rose water and milk. Make sure that the butter is at room temperature. Beat all the ingredients with a whisk for a minute.
- Add in the powdered sugar. Run the sugar in the mixie and grind to a powder. Add to the bowl. Beat the sugar along with the butter mixture until smooth.
- Add in the flour mixture. Gently mix to form a dough. Do not mix the dough for long. Once it forms into a cohesive mass, stop mixing the dough. Set aside.
- Once the dough is formed, make small bite size balls out of the dough. This recipe makes 40 small cookies.
- In the mean time, chop the nuts and set aside on a board or a plate.
- Take a small ball of dough and gently press the dough on the nuts.
- Once the nuts stick to the dough ball, gently press the nuts on the cookie dough so it adheres well.
- Place the prepared cookie on a parchment / silpat lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Bake the cookies in a preheated 180C oven for 15-18 minutes. Check the cookie after 13 minutes. If the bottom is browned, the cookies are done. The cookies will still be soft to touch. It will harden as it cools. Remove the cookies from the hot pan immediately and allow it to cool. Store in an airtight box for up-to a week.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian