Classic Indian No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake recipe using gelatin, hung yogurt and cream.
- Measurements Used 1 Cup = approx 240ml, 1 tablespoon = 15 ml, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
You will need One 7 inch removable cake pan
For the Digestive biscuit crust
- 100 grams Biscuits (like McVitie’s )
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
For the Filling
- 500 ml milk – Hung Yogurt made with the milk (procedure follows)
- 750 ml milk – Homemade Paneer made with milk
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice for making paneer
- 200 ml cream (like Amul)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
For the topping
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- For the hung yogurt – Place the yogurt on a strainer lined with muslin cloth and let it rest for 3 hours. After three hours you will have really thick yogurt. Set aside.
- For the Paneer – Boil 750 ml of milk in a pan and let it come to a boil. Add 2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice when the milk is boiling and bubbling over. stir for a minute with a spatula until the milk curdles. Remove off heat. Strain the mixture and you will be left with soft paneer. Set aside.
- For the Digestive Biscuit Crust – Break up the biscuits and place in a food processor / mixie along with the butter and pulse it to crumbs. Press the mixture into the bottom of the removable cake pan. Make sure its even. Use a spoon to press the crumbs to adhere to the pan. Set aside.
- Powder the sugar in a food processor / mixie to a smooth powder. Set aside.
- Add the hung yogurt and the paneer and pulse it in a blender until smooth. Add in the cream, sugar, salt and vanilla extract and pulse it 2-3 times until combined.
- Take a small cup and mix the gelatin with 1/4 cup water and set aside for 5 minutes. The gelatin will absorb all the water and puff up. After 5 minutes heat it in a microwave for 20-30 seconds until completely melted. Let it cool slightly.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the filling mixture and mix well to combine. Add it to the cake pan. Leave it to set in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- For the topping
- Heat the blueberries, water and sugar in a pan for 3-4 minutes until syrupy. Remove off heat. Let it come to room temperature. Add it to the the cake.
- Serve the cake chilled!
Milk – Its preferable to use full fat milk for making yogurt and paneer.
I spread an old newspaper on the kitchen counter top while making this recipe, so after the spills etc….cleanup is easier.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Fusion