How to make onion tomato gojju for chapati. Karnataka style recipe.Easy Onion Tomato Gojju Recipe. Thick Chutney well suited for travel. With step by step pictures.
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (gingely oil / nallennai)
- 4 medium sized onions, sliced
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Take a pressure pan and add in the sesame oil (gingely oil). Add in the sliced onions and the tomato puree.
- Add in the water, red chilli powder and the salt.
- Cook in a pressure cooker (2 or 3 liter) for 30 minutes on a low flame.
- Open the cooker and mix well. If the gojju is little watery, simmer on stove for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Store the gojju in an air-tight moisture free container, preferably a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- You can freeze the gojju in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Note: For travel, add 3-4 tablespoon extra oil while cooking to increase the shelf life of the gojju.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Pickle / Chutney
- Cuisine: South Indian