Recipe for Kerala style Palada Pradhaman made using condensed milk. Adapted from malayalam playback singer Kaushik Menon.
For soaking Ada
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Ada
- 500 ml Boiling water
For the Payasam
- 500 ml Whole milk
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 250 grams Condensed milk
- 4 Cardamom, finely ground
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 tablespoon broken Cashew-nut
- Wash Ada in running water. Soak it in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time bring the milk to a boil. Once the milk is boiling, drain the Ada and add it to the pan. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add in the sugar and condensed milk. Stir well.
- Let the mixture boil for 5 more minutes until it becomes little thick. Switch off the flame.
- Heat a pan and roast the cashew-nuts in ghee until the nuts are slightly brown. Add it to the Pradhaman.
- Grind the cardamom pods to a very fine powder. Add it to the Pradhaman and mix well.
- Palada Pradhaman is ready. You can serve it hot or cold. I like to serve the pradhaman chilled.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: South Indian, Kerala