Flavorful recipe for palak chapati. Chapati made with spinach and spices. Measurements used – 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1.5 cups Whole Wheat flour – Atta
- 200 grams spinach leaves
- 50 grams coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 2–3 green chillies
- 4–5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- Oil for making chapatis
- Make a paste out of yogurt, ginger, green chillies and garlic. Set aside.
- Pick and clean the spinach leaves and coriander leaves. Chop them finely and set aside. Take a bowl and add in the greens, cumin seeds, turmeric, asafoetida, yogurt paste, salt and red chilli powder.
- Add in the flour. Dont add any water. The yogurt and the moisture from the greens should be enough. Add water only if its really dry. Make a very stiff dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough and make into small dough balls. Dust the dough balls in lot of flour.
- Roll it into thin sheets / rotis.
- In the mean time heat a griddle on medium flame. Flap the chapati between your hands to remove any excess flour, place it on the griddle. Wait for some small bubbles to form. When some small bubbles form, spread some oil on the chapati and flip.
- It should start to puff up. Press down on the edges of the chapati with your spatula and cook till both the sides are evenly brown. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Indian