Recipe for Palambali. Rice Pudding made with small rice dumplings cooked in milk. A sublime dessert.
- Measurements Used – 1 Cup = 250 ml (approx)
For grinding Par Boiled Rice
- 1/4 cup Par Boiled Rice
- 2 Tablespoon Water
For Grinding Raw Rice
- 1/4 cup Raw Rice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1.5 Cups Water for boiling dumplings
- 1 Liter Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Soak the rice (both varieties of rice) over nite seperately.
- Grind the Par Boiled Rice with water to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground mixture to a cotton absorbent cloth. Wrap the cloth and set aside for 15 minutes. The cloth would absorb most of the moisture from the rice. Repeat this procedure if necessary to remove more moisture.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and let the balls dry for two hours on a cloth lined plate.
- Grind the raw rice with water to a smooth paste. Mix in the milk and the sugar. Set aside.
- Bring a pan with water to a boil. Sprinkle the balls and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the milk mixture and simmer constantly stirring for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 4-5 hours and serve chilled.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu