This is a very simple pasi paruppu dal, chapati dal recipe. A very easy to do recipe that can be prepared in no time.
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped fine
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup moong dal
- 2 cups veggies
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat a pressure pan and add in a teaspoon of ghee. Add in the cumin seeds and curry leaves. Let it splutter. Add in the chopped ginger. Fry for a minute until the ginger turns very aromatic.
- Add in the onions and green chillies. Fry till its soft.
- Add in the moong dal, chopped tomatoes and the veggies.
- Add in the water and cover the pan and cook for 3 whistles. Switch off the flame and wait for the pressure to release naturally.
- Open the cooker and add in the salt. We add the salt at the last so the dal gets cooked well in the cooker. Add in the lime / lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well to combine.
- Serve with chapati.
A note on Veggies:
Potatoes is a must as it makes for a thick gravy . You can use carrots, potatoes, cauliflower peas and beans etc…
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Tailnadu