Pasi Paruppu Dosai / Payatham Paruppu Dosai Recipe. How to prepare Indian Moong Dal Dosa – Tamilnadu Style.
- 1 Cup Idli Rice / Parboiled Rice
- 1/3 cup Split Yellow Moong Dal / Payatham Paruppu
- 1/8 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon oil for the griddle to cook dosas
- Wash the idli rice / parboiled rice in water until the water runs clear. Set aside. Wash the moong dal and fenugreek seeds. Soak them in water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the water from the dal and rice. Grind the dal and rice mixture with half a cup of water to a very fine paste. Transfer the ground mixture to a bowl. Add in a teaspoon of salt, mix well and cover the bowl with a lid.
- Let it ferment for 10-12 hours. After fermenting, mix the batter well. Thin the batter with water till it reaches pouring consistency. It should be a thin batter and should fall off effortlessly from the ladle.
- Heat the dosa griddle until medium hot. Add 1/3 cup batter and swirl to completely cover dosa griddle. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of oil or ghee to the dosa. Cook until underside of the dosa is golden brown, about a minute. Loosen the edges of the dosa with a steel spatula. Flip the dosa. Cook for 15-20 seconds on the other side. Remove dosa from the griddle and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with chutney.
- Category: Dosa
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu