Recipe for Kongunad Pazha Kachayam – Banana Kajjaya. Sweet Banana Fritters recipe made with all purpose flour (maida), semolina (rava) and ripe bananas.
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 ripe medium size bananas)
- 1 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup fine rava (sooji semolina)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (powdered in mixie)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Mash the bananas in a bowl. Add in the maida and fine rava to the bowl.
- Add in powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix the batter well. Add in two tablespoon of water and mix the batter. Do not add too much water. The batter itself will become watery after a couple of minutes due to the addition of sugar and bananas. So add water only if the batter is dry.
- Add in the baking soda and mix well. Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai until medium hot.
- Add in small scoops of the batter to the oil when the oil is ready.
- Keep turning the batter balls so the batter cooks evenly on both sides.
- Deep fry until its golden. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Do not add too much sugar. Adding too much sugar will brown the kachayam very fast in oil before the inside gets cooked. So add only the mentioned amount of sugar.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu