For making Omelette
1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Other Ingredients for making Pichipotta Chapati Omelette
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 dried red chillies
2 tablespoon peanuts
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
2 green chillies
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 potato, chopped into small cubes
1/4 cup fresh green peas
3 sprigs mint leaves, chopped
3 sprigs coriander leaves, chopped
5 chapatis / rotis
- Whisk the eggs with salt and black pepper powder. Heat a griddle and add in the oil. When the oil is hot, add in the whisked eggs. Let the eggs cook on one side. Flip the omelette and cook on the other side too. Remove the omelette and set aside on a plate to cool.
- Chop the leftover chapati and omelette into small bits. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and dried red chillies. Add in the peanuts. Peanuts add a nice crunch to the dish.
- Add in the chopped ginger and chopped curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds. Add in the chopped onions and saute the onions till soft. Once the onions are soft, add in the slit green chillies. Add in the turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt. Saute for a minute more.
- Add in the chopped potatoes and the green peas. Close the pan with a lid and reduce the flame to low. Simmer for 4-5 minutes till the potatoes are nicely cooked and roasted.
- Add in the mint leaves. Saute for a minute. Add in the chapati and omelette. Add in the chopped coriander leaves. Mix well to combine. Cook for a minute so the chapati can warm up.
- Pichipotta chapati omelette is ready. Serve hot immediately.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
Keywords: Pichipotta chapati omelette