Tamil style potato kara kari. How to make Potato Kara Kari , Potato Kara Curry Recipe. Tamilnadu Brahmin style recipe.
For steaming potatoes
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon sambar powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon besan (kadalai maavu)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Dice the potatoes to small pieces. Mix the potatoes with sambar powder, chilli powder, curry leaves, salt and besan. Mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Place the potato bowl in the cooker and cover with a lid. Cook on a medium flame for 4 whistles. Remove from heat and wait for the pressure to settle naturally.
- Take a pan, preferably non-stick and add a tablespoon of oil to the pan. Heat the oil and add in the mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add in the cooked potato mixture to the pan.
- Toss the potatoes for 10 minutes until well roasted.
- Serve hot!
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu