- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely minced
- 3 medium sized onions, sliced
- 6 green chillies, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded coconut
- Wash and clean the potatoes and set aside. Cut the potatoes into two and steam the potatoes with 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker for exactly 3 whistles. Remove from heat and wait for the pressure to settle naturally. Peel the potatoes and dice the potatoes into big chunks. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add in the finely minced ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add in the onions and sliced green chillies. Saute the onions on a medium flame till the onions are soft and starting to brown.
- Add in the salt, potatoes and the shredded coconut. Saute for a minute more and toss well to combine.
- Serve the podimas with rice, rasam and sambar.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu