- 250 grams Prawns, preferably small variety
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 10 small onion – Indian shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 inch piece ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- To devein the Prawn, slit in the middle so the veins are exposed. Remove the black veins. Wash it once in water and the Prawns are ready.
- Take a bowl and add in quarter teaspoon of salt and turmeric powder to the cleaned prawns. Mix well and let it marinate for ten minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add in the finely chopped small onions (Indian shallots), ginger and garlic (crush the ginger and garlic in a mortar and pestle and add) and curry leaves. Add in the remaining salt.
- Saute well for 4-5 minutes till the shallots are nice and golden.
- Add in the marinated prawns and the black pepper powder.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes. Prawns cook real fast. So keep sauteing continuously so the masalas adhere well. Once the Prawns are cooked and nicely roasted, finally add in a teaspoon of ghee. Roast for another minute.
- Remove the pan and squeeze half a lemon. Serve immediately.
- This goes very well with rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu