Recipe for easy pumpkin pancake made with homemade pumpkin puree from scratch. Made with 50:50 whole wheat flour and all purpose flour. Recipe with step by step pictures.
Please use correct cup measurements
1 Cup = 250 ml, 1 tsp = 5ml , 1 tablespoon = 15ml
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable oil for making pancakes
- Take a bowl and whisk in the pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla extract and water. Mix well to combine.
- Take another bowl and whisk in the Flour (maida and whole wheat flour), baking powder, salt, dry ginger powder and cinnamon powder. Whisk well to combine. Add in the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.
- Whisk the mixture well to combine.
- Mix well to form a uniform batter. If the batter is too thick, dilute with some water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When the surface is hot, add the butter or vegetable oil to coat.
- I use an old ladle for easy portioning and to keep it nice and round. You can use an ice-cream scoop too for even portioning.
- In General, pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles appear across the top surface. Wait for the bubbles to appear. Do not rush.
- Flip when bubbles appear. Flip only Once.
- Cook for another minute, then remove the pancakes and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American