Recipe for Mooli Chapati – Radish chapati made with shredded Radish and flavored with spices and herbs. With step by step pictures.
- 250 grams Radish, shredded fine
- 2 Cups Atta – whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon vegetable / sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 8–10 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 5–6 sprigs mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- For making chapati – sprinkle oil or ghee as needed
- Wash, clean and peel the radish. Shred the radish in a vegetable shredder or a food processor. Set aside.
- Add in all the ingredients into a bowl at once. Shredded Radish, Atta, Oil, salt, hing (asafoetida), red chilli powder, turmeric powder, finely chopped green chillies, finely chopped coriander leaves, finely chopped mint leaves and cumin seeds. NO water yet. Just try to combine all the ingredients.
- Try to mix well with your hands. Radish and the greens has a lot of water content. Do not add any water while kneading. Add a teaspoon at a time only if its absolutely necessary. knead well to the consistency of chapati dough. Apply little oil to the dough. Cover the bowl. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- After the rest, Make into small golf ball size dough balls.
- Dust the dough balls in lot of flour and roll it into thin sheets / rotis.
- In the mean time heat a griddle on medium flame. Flap the chapati between your hands to remove any excess flour, place it on the griddle. Wait for some small bubbles to form. When some small bubbles form, spread some oil on the chapati and flip. It should start to puff up. Press down on the edges of the radish chapati with your spatula and cook till both the sides are evenly brown.
- Serve hot!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breads
- Cuisine: North Indian