- Soaking Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Ragi
- 1/4 cup raw rice
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- Other Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
- Oil for making dosas
- Wash and soak all the ingredients in water for couple of hours.
- Grind the ingredients in a mixie to a smooth batter. Let the batter be of dosa batter consistency. Add in the salt and hing and mix well.
- Set aside to ferment for 3-4 hours or even over-night.
- Heat a dosa pan / griddle until hot for making Ragi Dosa. Let the flame be at medium. Pour a ladle of batter onto the griddle. Using the back of the ladle spread batter into a round. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of oil onto the pan. Let it cook for 30 seconds until the sides are brown and little brown spots start to appear. Flip carefully with a thin metal spatula, and cook Ragi Dosa until browned. Up-to 30 seconds more.
- Transfer Ragi Dosa to a plate. Continue with the remaining Ragi Dosa batter.
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: South Indian