Ragi Dosa Recipe made with urad dal and ragi flour. Dosas made with fermented batter. Easy Recipe.
- 1/3 Cup Unpolished Whole White Urad Dal
- 1 Cup Ragi Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Water to grind
- Oil for dosa griddle
- Take a cup of Ragi flour and add a cup of water to it in a large bowl. Make a slurry. Mix well. Set aside. Let it sit for a couple of hours.
- Soak the Unpolished whole white urad dal for a couple of hours in water. Grind the drained urad dal with about a cup of water ( You can use the water used for soaking the dal) to a smooth paste. Add it to the Ragi mixture. Add the salt and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and allow it to ferment in a warm place for 6-8 hours. The batter would have doubled in volume. Mine almost spilled out of the bowl when I opened. The batter will be very thick at this stage. We need a very watery batter for making dosas. Add about a cup of water to dilute the mixture to pouring consistency. We do not add water before as the fermentation will get delayed if too much water is added to the batter.
- Heat a dosa pan / griddle until hot for making Ragi Dosa. Let the flame be at medium. Pour a ladle of batter onto the griddle. Using the back of the ladle spread batter into a round. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of oil onto the pan. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 30 seconds until the sides are brown. Flip carefully with a thin metal spatula, and cook Ragi Dosa until browned. Up-to 30 seconds more. Transfer Ragi Dosa to a plate. Continue with the remaining Ragi Dosa batter.
- Serve Ragi Dosa warm, with chutney.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu