Recipe for crispy Ragi Pakoda. A Kongunad special recipe made with Ragi, peanut and veggies. A perfect snack for tea time. Ragi Pakoda recipe with step by step pictures.
- 1 cup ragi flour
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoon fried gram (pottukadalai)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (Indian gingely oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3–4 sprigs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- vegetable oil / sunflower oil to fry
- Take a mixie and add in the roasted peanuts and roasted fried gram. Grind it to a coarse powder. Set aside.
- Take a bowl and add in the Ragi flour and the ground powder. Add in a teaspoon of oil and mix well to combine.
- Add in the salt and the veggies. Mix well with hands.
- Sprinkle with water. Be cautious not to add too much water. Just sprinkle water and start mixing.
- Add water little by little and mix until all the flour is moistened.
- The dough should not be too wet. It should be just moistened and not dry.
- If you take a small piece of dough and press in your palm, you should be able to form a ball. The dough is ready.
- Heat oil in a kadai until medium hot. Add a small piece of the dough to check if the oil is ready. The oil is ready if the dough floats immediately to the top. If not wait for a minute more. Add in small pieces of the dough to the oil when the oil is ready. Cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and drain the pakoda on a paper towel. Serve hot.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Tamilnadu